Colourant for lakes, ponds, dams, fountains & water features
Used for the suppression of all types of submerged aquatic plants & algae growth.
Aquatic Blue is the professional way to bring a natural blue appearance back to your lake, pond, dam, fountain, water feature and other water bodies. It is odorless, safe and provides an attractive, beautifying effect to natural or man-made lakes, ponds, dams, fountains, water features and other water bodies.
Aquatic Blue is a highly concentrated blend of colorants to color lakes, ponds, dams, fountains, water features and other water bodies, with a vibrant natural blue look, that is aesthetically pleasing.
All aquatic plants and algae need sunlight to grow. Sunlight is used by aquatic plants and algae for photosynthesis. By reducing the amount of light penetration into and through the water column, Aquatic Blue effectively reduces, suppresses and retards submerged aquatic plant and algae growth by inhibiting photosynthesis. Aquatic Blue is designed to screen the light rays which the aquatic plants and algae require for growth.
As Aquatic Blue reflects sunlight, it has the added benefit of keeping water temperatures lower than untreated water bodies. Lower average water temperatures, further suppress submerged aquatic plant and algae growth. Colder water holds more oxygen, which is beneficial for healthy fish and beneficial bacterial growth. Aquatic Blue can also assists in reducing water pH fluctuations, the reduced light intensity reduces the risk of phytoplankton bloom, which in turn causes pH fluctuation and high pH in water.
Aquatic Blue is formulated with dispersants which cause the dye to be distributed uniformly throughout the water body, therefore the color is deeper, the effect occurs much quicker and the longevity is enhanced. Reactants in Aquatic Blue, keeps the colour in suspension and prevents the dye particles from sinking to the bottom of the water body, resulting in increased depth of colour and longevity.
Aquatic Blue conveniently aids in reducing the loss of fish to external predators (such as birds, etc.), by shading the fish from the eyes of these predators. Aquatic Blue is certainly a more attractive solution, in comparison to using wire mesh.
SAFE: Aquatic Blue is harmless to fish and wildlife, pets, humans and the environment. It is safe to add to water used for irrigation and swimming water when used as directed.
COMPATIBLE: Aquatic Blue is compatible with chelated copper algaecides, such as Coptrol and most other chemicals used in the aquatic environment.
Aquatic Blue is one of the longest lasting products of its type on the market. As a colourant it can be re applied as required to maintain your desired look. As an algae and aquatic plant suppressant it should be applied every three months, throughout the year for maximum effect.
Aquatic Blue can be applied at greater application frequencies, to obtain your desired look and colour. Greater application frequencies can also be used for enhanced algae and aquatic plant growth suppression.
Aquatic Blue is a higly concentrated blend. Dilute with water at a ratio of 1 part Aquatic Blue to 10 parts water and spray or pour evenly around the lake, dam, pond, fountain or water feature.
Aquatic Blue is suitable for the suppression of all types of algae and common submerged aquatic plants such as:
- Filamentous Algae
- Blue Green Algae - “Cyanobacteria”
- Ribbonweed - Vallisneria
- Sea Tassel - Ruppia megacarpa
- Curly Pondweed - Potamogeton crispus
- Blunt Pondweed - Potamogeton ochreatus
- Sago Pondweed - Stuckenia pectinata
- Eelgrass - Zostera capricorni
- Waternymph - Najas tenuifolai
- Hydrilla - Hydrilla verticillata
- Elodea - Elodea canadensis
- Dense Waterweed - Egeria densa
- Watermilfoil - Myriophyllum spicatum
- Parrots Feather - Myriophyllum aquaticum
- Hornwort - Ceratophyllum demersum
- Fanwort - Cabomba caroliniana
As a colourant to improve the appearance of lakes, ponds, dams, fountains, water features and other water bodies:-
- As a colourant - For ponds and fountains: Apply 1ml Aquatic Blue per 2,000L of water.
- For lakes, large ponds and Dams: Apply 1L of Aquatic Blue per 2 Mega Litres of water or 1L of Aquatic Blue per 2,000 sqms of water surface area with an average depth of 1m.
- You can apply a greater amount to obtain your desired look & colour.
As an aquatic plant and algae suppressant in lakes, ponds, dams, fountains, water features and other water bodies.
- As an Algae and Aquatic plant growth suppresent - For ponds and fountains: Apply 7.5mls Aquatic Blue per 1,000L of water.
- For lakes, large ponds and Dams: Apply 5L of Aquatic Blue per 2 Mega Litres of water or 5L of Aquatic Blue per 2,000 sqms of water surface area with an average depth of 1m.